Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Why do I "hoard" fabric?

I am seriously asking myself this question right now as I rearrange the studio.

I have moved fabric from one floor of the house to another. From one side of the studio to the other. From one shelf unit to another and so the list goes on. In the process I have come across fabric that I have had for several years but not touched.

This phenomenon is not limited to just one type of fabric...it covers the spectrum. Wovens. Knits. PUL. Cotton velour. Sherpa. Prints. Solids. <oiye!>

Tonight I began the process of my goal for 2014. Using up the fabric! I have cotton velour prints that I have no idea why I bought other than the sheer fact that they were cute. They were never earmarked for anything, did not fit any of my product lines at the time, so I clearly must have been adding to a hoarding problem LOL

So I cut into it....for MY kids...you know the cobblers kids that wear rags ;) Tomorrow is pajama day at school and I have always made my daughter new ones for the event and this year there are two of them at school so I whipped up two pairs of cozy jammies. Izzy got Pink Ooga Booga with hot pink trims and Ben got Sock Monkey with burgundy trims. 



They will both be well covered and surely warm. Maybe a little wrinkled too! As soon as I made them each one put them on "to try" and refused to take them off.

There I said it! I am sending my kidlets to school in slept in clothing. What do you think? Do they look like cherubs or little orphans?


PS

I must admit, there was not fighting getting ready for school. It went smooth as silk...or is that cotton velour? ;)

PPS...There is a giveaway going on. Sign up for our newsletter at newsletter@nechakonotionary.com and on Jan 1 2014 one of the subscribers will be drawn and get a mug rug sent to them.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment